Coconut kefir is a great dairy-free kefir and I can’t leave it alone. I’ve been making this a whole meal because I want it all the time; it’s so, so good. It fills me up and satisfies my hunger for hours.
Coconut kefir has the same benefits as regular kefir and then some different ones too. If you don’t know how to make coconut kefir, you can click the link below to learn how to make this super easy kefir.
I like to make this coconut kefir with canned coconut milk because it is thick and creamy. You can use my recipe to make your own coconut milk or use a store version of coconut milk but it won’t be as thick and creamy as it would if you used the canned milk.
I recommend the brands “Thai Kitchen” and “Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value.”
- 1 cup of coconut kefir
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder of cacao powder
- 1 Tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla* optional
- Sweetener of choice: stevia, honey, or sucanat
- Whisk together coconut kefir, chocolate or cocoa powder, and chia seeds, until well combined
- Add this to a 1 pint jar.
- Place a secure lid on the jar and place in the fridge.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight until thick and creamy.