I have done a lot of research on yogurt. Many of the world's centenarians have consumed yogurt daily and often as a dessert or meal. Specific strains of bacteria have been selected for this yogurt to give you the most health benefits. If you have a weak immune system Streptococcus thermophilus L. delbrueckii, L. plantarum, L. reuteri, and Bifidobacterium in this yogurt have all been shown to benefit your immune system powerfully. This helpful strain fights off viruses, fungi, and parasites that invade the gastrointestinal tract and the urogenital system too. They also help to reduce gut inflammation, decrease pathogen activity and improve overall health. This yogurt is fun and easy to make and a small portion of each batch can be used to make another and another batch. It is thick like Greek yogurt and has a wonderful mildly tangy taste. It will soon become one of your favorite yogurts.
- Yogurt Maker or an Instapot with yogurt setting or a Sous Vide device will work too
- 32-42 ounces milk – full fat, 2% or fat-free (ultra-pasteurized is best)
- 1 sachet Yogurt Plus Starter – or 2 tablespoons of a previously made yogurt
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Place milk in yogurt jar or jars without lids and incubate in your yogurt maker for 6-8 hours at 100 to 110° F. I do mine at 110°F and it takes 6 hours, If you use cooler temps like 100°F it can take up to 8 hours. If it is too warm all the good bacteria will die, so a consistent, luke-warm temperature is paradise, for all the good bacteria and promotes their growth. You'll know it's done when you see a thick curd.
- To make a new batch, repeat these instructions except use 2 tablespoons of your finished yogurt as your starter culture (instead of a packet). Don't use more than two tablespoons (per quart), bacteria doesn't like to be crowded and likes to have room to spread out and grow.
You can also make bigger batches in a Sous vide device or instapot with a yogurt setting.