Gather Your Materials
- Gallon Jar or non-lead-based crock.
- Linen or cloth napkin that will fit completely over top of jar or crock
- Rubber band to go around neck of jug or crock
- 1 cup raw sugar or white sugar — Check out these options.
- 4 to 5 tea bags: black or green tea, organic is best
- 3 quarts filtered water, not distilled
- 1 cup kombucha starter tea and 1 SCOBY
- Five 16-ounce bottles (thick bottles made for brewing) to store kombucha in
- Heating element (optional but highly recommended)
Okay! Let's Make Kombucha!
Here is how you make kombucha the wonder tea! Scroll through all my pictures, and take a look at the day-by-day slideshow on step 11. Check out my timelapse video too! Happy fermenting!
Watch How to Make It
Servings: 3 Quarts
- 1 cup sugar - raw sugar or white sugar — Check out these options.
- 4 - 5 tea bags - you can use black or green — Check out these options. Note: 1 teaspoon of loose tea is the equivalent of 1 tea bag.
- 3 quarts Water spring or filtered with minerals - filtered, not distilled
- 1 cup Kombucha Starter - This will have a kombucha SCOBY and 1 cup of already made kombucha tea.
- Gallon Jar - or non lead-based crock
- Linen or cloth napkin - that will fit completely over top of jar or crock
- Rubber band - to go around neck of jug or crock
- 6 16-ounce bottles - Flip-top bottles work best
- Heating Strip - (Optional, but highly recommended)
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- You will notice that a new culture, or "SCOBY" will begin to form.
Are you on the list?
Sign up today and I'll send you my free Getting Started Guide!
Each week I'll send you updates, tips, recipes, and more! You might even be a winner of my weekly giveaway! (starter cultures, memberships, and more!)
Come be a part of my cultured food family!