“What is kefir?” You’ve probably asked yourself this before. Pronounced “KEE-fuhr,” kefir is a tangy, slightly fizzy, FANTASTIC fermented milk beverage. It can be made with all kinds of different milks, dairy and non dairy. It looks similar to yogurt, but is far superior. Yogurt will last a day inside of you, but kefir will last indefinitely.
Kefir finds a place to live in your gut. It builds colonies of good bacteria that perform millions of processes inside you. You already have trillions of colonies of bacteria inside you that perform important tasks every day. When you give them more tools like the good bacteria in kefir, your body can do what it was meant to do, thrive! So can you tell how much I love kefir?
Kefir has been around since the beginning of recorded history and has exceptional health and curative properties. It is rich in protein, calcium, vitamin B12, niacin, and folic acid. It has been used not only to promote health, but also was the way people preserved milk when there was no refrigeration. Huge amounts of colonies good of bacteria in kefir dominate the milk, thereby suppressing any harmful bacterias, and preserving the milk. These bacterias eat the milk sugars out of the milk, and perform their magic to infuse the milk with healthy qualities. This is why the milk becomes sour. The kefir microbes consume sugars as food to create the perfect environment for good bacteria to thrive. As you consume kefir, it in turn creates an environment inside you that does the same thing and so much more.
- Kefir has over thirty types of good bacteria – a mere handful in Yogurt
- Kefir contains 30 – 50 major strains of friendly bacteria not commonly found in yogurt, kefir is a turbo charged energy-anti-biotic-colonic cleanser drink. Yogurt is a mild nutrient rich drink that pre-digests the lactose helping the body better assimilate the good stuff.
- Digestion – Kefir can help you digest everything. Kefir’s active yeast, good bacteria and excess digestive enzymes provide more nutritive value than yogurt by helping digest the foods you eat. Constipation is a thing of the past. If you drink Kefir at night no acid reflux.
- Eliminates constipation
- Reduces or eliminates allergies
- Reduces or eliminates asthma symptoms
- Reduces or eliminates cold and flu illnesses
- Cures acne
- Treats yeast infections
- Promotes a natural “good” feeling
- Effective as the strongest natural antibiotic without side effects
- Replenishes the body with good bacteria after antibiotic use
- Treats diarrhea
- Aids lactose intolerance
- Promotes deep sleep
- Heals ulcers
From my own self experiments on my own body, I have found kefir to be of great benefit to certain infliction. I noticed from at least 10 different times, that when I would switch from kefir to yogurt. After about 3 weeks I would start to experience joint pain in my right knee. As soon as I would switch back to kefir within 2 days the pain would go away. So now I do both. I have kefir almost every day without fail.
I just finished making a batch of Kefir. I am always appreciative of my kefir grains ability to make me a fresh batch day after day. Kefir was a Godsend, after the birth of my daughter at the age of 4I I was desperate to feel good and be healthy. I had become a type 2 diabetic. I can now say that diabetes is a thing of the past. Kefir was a big part in helping me to achieve that.
Where to Find Kefir
The grocery or the health food stores sell many different brands of kefir, but I recommend that you get some kefir grains and make it yourself. Not only is it cheaper this way, but you’ll have an endless supply of kefir by just adding milk.