Strawberry Scones with Lemon Probiotic Topping
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Preheat Oven to 325°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender.
- Combine wet ingredients and mix into dry just until moistened.
- Gently mix in strawberries. Mixture will be very sticky.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead 4 to 5 times with floured hands.
- Pat out to ½-inch thick and cut circles.
- Brush tops with egg wash. Sprinkle tops with sugar and sliced almonds.
- Place on greased baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Mix yogurt and kefir together.
- Squeeze lemon into yogurt, zest lemon and add to yogurt, stir in sweetener. Scoop on top of scone.