I have found myself using vanilla extract in everything since I started making my own. You can also use vodka or brandy for another unique taste!
Servings: 2 Cups
- 2 Cups Rum – (you can also change the flavor by using vodka or brandy)
- 6 Vanilla Beans – You may split the beans or leave them whole. (See note below)
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Place beans and rum in a clean glass jar.
- Leave them in a cool dark cabinet for 7 to 8 weeks. This mixture will get darker over time and the flavors get richer.
- Store in a cool dark place.
If you leave the Vanilla Beans whole, after you have consumed the vanilla extract you can use the beans by placing them in some freshly made kefir to second ferment it.