- ⅛ teaspoon Cutting Edge Cultures – or you can use ⅛ cup kefir whey
- ½ cup Water, spring or filtered with minerals – for mixing with culture
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes – chopped in half
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- ⅓ cup basil – freshly chopped
- ½ tablespoon Celtic Sea Salt – I like to add more Celtic Sea Salt on top just before I serve it
- Water – spring or filtered with minerals – filtered or spring water
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- If using the starter culture, stir together the culture and water. Let the mixture sit while you prepare the ingredients—around 10 minutes. If using kefir whey, add it when the recipe calls for culture.
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, basil, and salt in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the mixture to a quart glass jar that can be securely sealed.
- Add the Cutting Edge Culture or kefir whey and cover with water, leaving an inch or two at the top.
- Seal the container and let it sit on your kitchen counter, out of direct sunlight, for 1 day.
- Place in the refrigerator and store for up to two weeks. The sooner you eat them the better they taste!