Airlock Lid for Mason Jars
$10.99 – $18.99
Jar not included.
These airlock fermenters are a great way to culture your veggies. You don’t need airlocks to ferment – but it is my favorite way to ferment veggies because they taste better. These special airlock lids will convert any glass mason-type “canning” jar into an airlock fermenter. You just need to find a couple canning jars and veggies and you are ready to go! I have two sizes available: Regular (3 inches) and Wide-mouth (3.63. inches) These lids work with any Pint, Quart, or Half Gallon (tall) mason jar.
Fermenting with an airlocks helps with several things.
- Better tasting veggies.
- Less chance of the Kahm yeast that can develop and make your veggies taste bad.
- Release pressure/ gas naturally and allows veggies to ferment and stay crisper.
What you will receive with your order.
- One (or two) plastic BPA Free airlock lid(s), specially fitted with a food-grade silicon grommet for your airlock.
- One (or two) 3-Piece Fermentation Airlock(s).
- One (or two) plastic BPA Free solid lid(s). When the fermenting on the counter is done, use this lid to store your veggies in the fridge.
- One laminated recipe card with a cultured veggie recipe to make 2 quarts of cultured veggies.
- Instructions on how to use your airlock and lids.
Please note that this does not include the glass mason jars. You can purchase my Quart Jar with Airlock Lid if you want both the jar and airlock lid together.