Sweet Pickle Relish
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- If using the starter culture, place 1⁄2 cup of water in a glass measuring cup, add the culture, and stir until dissolved. Let the mixture sit while you prepare the vegetables (anywhere between 5 and 15 minutes). If using kefir whey, add it when the recipe calls for culture in step 3.
- Place cucumbers, peppers, and onions into a food processor or blender and pulse until you get the consistency you want for your relish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spices (and whey, if using) and pour the honey over cucumbers.
- Add mixture to jar or jars. I like to use 2 pint-size jars or a quart jar for this.
- Add more water if necessary to cover vegetables. Keep the top of the liquid one inch below the top of the jar.
- Let the sealed jar sit on your counter for three days and then place it in the refrigerator.
- These will last at least six to nine months in your fridge.