Oatmilk Yogurt Plus
Here is a non-dairy version of Yogurt Plus made with Oatmilk. It is more creamy than thick and has a tangy flavor. Always add Prebio Plus to your yogurt before making it since most plant milk have very few carbohydrates and you'll need to give the microbes food to make you more probiotics. Also, add Guar gum to thicken it. Guar gum is also a prebiotic fiber that is really a bean. It is high in fiber and helps to normalize bowel movements be it constipation or diarrhea. It also might help decrease the amount of cholesterol and glucose that is absorbed in the stomach and intestines. Guar gum is 100% natural and made from guar beans.You can reculture from your batches of yogurt. Just use 2 tbsps of the yogurt as your starter to reculture and make more yogurt again and again until your yogurt stops stetting up.
- stick blender or you can use a blender
- 27-32 ounces Oat Milk Califia Farms – Vanilla or unsweetened
- 1 sachet Yogurt Plus
- 2 tablespoons Prebio Plus – extra food for the microbes
- 1 ½ tablespoons Guar Gum – this helps to thicken the milk and is also a prebiotic
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Place the oat milk in a glass bowl or a blender and add the 2 tbsps of Prebio Plus and 1 ½ tbsps of Guar gum.
- Using an immersion stick, or blender, blend ingredients until Oat milk thickens and ingredients are evenly combined. It should take 20 seconds or less. The mixture should be fairly thick.
- Add this mixture to a bowl with a spout and whisk in 1 sachet of Yogurt Plus starter culture. This distributes the good bacteria throughout the milk.
- Place the milk in yogurt jars without lids and incubate in your yogurt maker for 6-8 hours. The longer you let it ferment the more tart and sour it will taste. It likes the consistent, lukewarm temperature of 110°F. This is paradise for all the good bacteria, and promotes their growth.
- Remove the jars from the yogurt maker, place lids on the jar, and then place the jars in the fridge to cool and set for at least a couple of hours. As the yogurt cools, it will get even thicker! Store in the fridge.
Reculturing with the yogurt as a starter
- To Reculture: To make a new batch, repeat these instructions but use 2 tablespoons of yogurt made with Yogurt Plus as your starter. You can do this again and again until it stops tasting sour or doesn't thicken. If made often enough it should culture dozens of times.