Homemade Oat Milk Yogurt — Yogurt Plus
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite Yogurt Plus recipes. In this recipe, you make your own oat milk (which is super easy), and I show you how. It's the best way to make non-dairy yogurt without all the additives in store-bought non-dairy milk. You only need a nut bag and a blender to make your own nut milk, and in less than a minute you have your own nut milk to make a really thick and creamy oat milk yogurt. Oat milk has a lot of resistant starch which feeds your good bacteria in a powerful way, and boy, does it taste good! This recipe was adapted from Luvele.com's Oat Milk Yogurt recipe.
- 1 Nut bag or butter muslin or cheese cloth
- 1 sauce pan
- 1-¼ cups rolled oats – don't use quick oats
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Prebio Plus – or sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- pinch Celtic Sea salt
- 1 sachet Yogurt Plus
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Put the lid on the glass yogurt jar and add water to the base of the appliance to distribute the heat evenly. Set the temperature on the yogurt maker to 104° – 110° F. Set the timer to anywhere between 9 and 12 hours. A longer fermentation will produce a tarter-tasting yogurt. If you choose the lower temperature, it should be fermented at the longer time.
- To Reculture: To make a new batch, repeat these instructions, but use 2 tablespoons of a previous batch of your Oat Milk Yogurt as your starter. You should also use two tablespoons of Prebio Plus when reculturing.