Homemade Coconut Milk — Yogurt Plus
Making your own homemade coconut milk is easy, fast, and so worth the effort to make your own non-dairy milk. I can show you how to make your own homemade coconut milk yogurt that is creamy and has a great flavor that will soon be a favorite. Coconut has a lot of healthy properties, and combined with Yogurt Plus you will be getting a lot of Bifidobacteria that will strengthen your immune system and keep out pathogens. Bifido is one of your most important bacteria and you want to keep this strong and healthy. Check out this article for more info: Building up the all important Bifidobacteria
- stick blender or blender
- sauce pan
- Nut bag or butter muslin or cheesecloth
Homemade Coconut Milk
- 1½ cups coconut – desiccated (dried) unsweetened
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 cups cold water
Yogurt Plus Coconut Yogurt
- 1 package Yogurt Plus
- 2 tablespoons Prebio Plus
- 1½ tablespoons Guar gum
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Place the coconut and 2 cups of hot water in a blender and let it sit for 30 minutes to rehydrate the coconut. Then add 2 cups of cold water and blend for 2 minutes. You may want to hold the lid of the blender with a kitchen towel to prevent spills. Let the mixture cool until you can handle touching the liquid for the next step.
- This will keep in the fridge for up to 4 weeks. Separation is normal with coconut milk so just stir it back together before consuming it if you'd like.
- To Reculture: To make a new batch, repeat these instructions, but use two tablespoons of a previous batch of your Coconut Yogurt as your starter. You also should use two tablespoons of Prebio Plus when reculturing.