Flu Prevention: Cultured Veggies
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- If using the starter culture, stir the culture into 1/4 cup of water. Let the mixture sit while you prepare the ingredients—around 10 minutes. If using kefir whey, add it when the recipe calls for culture.
- Finely shred the cabbage, jicama, apple, spinach, leek, and carrot using a food processor or a hand shredder. Add to a large bowl.
- Add the garlic, Prebio Plus, and salt to the bowl and toss to combine. Pack all ingredients into jars.
- Add the orange zest and juice, Cutting Edge Culture or kefir whey, and cover with water leaving an inch or two at the top.
- Seal the container and let it sit on your kitchen counter, out of direct sunlight, for 6 days. After 6 days, place the container in the refrigerator.
- Check the vegetables every day to make sure they are fully submerged in the water. If they have risen above the water, simply push them down so they are fully covered by the water. If any white spots formed because the veggies rose above the water, do not worry. Remember, this isn’t harmful. Just scoop out the vegetables that have the white spots on them and push the rest back under the water.