Cozy Up Fall Soup
My family loves this soup, and every fall they beg me to make it. It's comfort food in a bowl and is oh so good for you. It has a slightly sweet taste from the butternut squash and apples with a hint of curry and is thick and creamy. It is really one of my most requested dishes, and with a loaf of sourdough bread you have a yummy meal for you and yours!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 2-3 lb butternut squash – Cubed and sweetened
- ½ cup onion – diced
- ¾ cup apple pieces – cubed
- 2 cups Chicken bone broth
- ½ cup apple juice
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- ½ cup Half n half
- 1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt – or Cultured Cream
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
Toppings — optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Creme Fraiche
- ½ tablespoon dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Sourdough Croutons
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- In a heavy pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil for a minute and add the butternut squash. Saute over low heat for about 20 minutes. Keep stirring and if it starts to brown, turn the heat even lower. (You can use frozen butternut squash and skip this step)
- Add the onions and apples to the pan with the squash. Saute for about 10 minutes.
- Add the broth and apple juice to the mixture. Simmer for about thirty minutes until the mixture is very tender.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor, or you can use an immersion stick, and puree until you have reached a velvety texture.
- Return the mixture to the pan and add in the cream, maple syrup, curry, salt, and pepper.
- Add toppings if desired and serve immediately.