Coconut Yogurt Plus
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Place the coconut milk in a glass bowl or a blender and add the 2 teaspoons of Prebio Plus and 1 ½ tablespoons of Guar gum.
- Using an immersion stick, or blender, blend ingredients until coconut milk thickens and ingredients are evenly combined. It should take 20 seconds or less. The mixture should be fairly thick.
- Add this mixture to a bowl with a spout and whisk in 1 sachet of Yogurt Plus starter culture. This distributes the good bacteria throughout the milk.
- Place the milk in yogurt jars without lids and incubate in your yogurt maker for 6-8 hours. The longer you let it ferment the more tart and sour it will taste. It likes the consistent, lukewarm temperature of 110°F. This is paradise for all the good bacteria, and promotes their growth.
- Remove the jars from the yogurt maker, place lids on the jar, and then place the jars in the fridge to cool and set for at least a couple of hours. As the yogurt cools, it will get even thicker! Store in the fridge.
Reculturing with the yogurt as a starter
- To Reculture: To make a new batch, repeat these instructions but use 2 tablespoons of yogurt made with Yogurt Plus as your starter. You can do this again and again until it stops tasting sour or doesn't thicken. If made often enough it should culture dozens of times.