Yogurt with Fermented Cranberries
This is a great probiotic topping for any yogurt. I love it on L. reuteri or Yogurt Plus. It's also good on L Gasseri or on any yogurt. Cranberries are special prebiotics which means they feed a specific bacteria that promotes the growth of Bifidobacteria. New studies are showing that indigestible sugars found in the cranberry plant cell wall, called xyloglucans, provide food for Bifidobacterium and also break them down into other beneficial compounds. Cranberries have many healthy qualities that you don't want to miss. Yogurt and cranberries are a great way to start your day. Feed your microbes first and watch what happens!
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Juice and zest the orange. You should have a few tablespoons of juice and about a tablespoon of zest.
- Place cranberries, orange juice, and orange zest in a food processor.
- Pulse until the cranberries are crushed. You can make it smooth or chunky like a relish. I like mine chunky.
- Scrape the blended cranberries into a small jar (pint size) for fermenting. Blend in the honey and place a lid on the jar.
- Ferment it for 24 hours. If you want it less sweet, ferment it for an extra day or two. Stir it once a day. It will become less sweet the longer it ferments.
- Add one cup of your favorite yogurt to a bowl. Top with several spoonfuls of fermented cranberries. Eat immediately.