Sourdough Snickerdoodle Cookies
You can use your extra sourdough starter to make these yummy cookies. My family loves them! I would double or triple the recipe and freeze some to keep on hand. I love how super easy these are to throw together and how my family gobbles them up!
Servings: 1 dozen
- Cream the oil and sugar together.
- Add the sourdough starter, vanilla, and baking powder.Mix well.
- Add the flour and salt. Mix just until combined.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mix coconut sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Roll dough into balls using a cookie scoop or your hands if you don’t have a scoop.
- Roll dough balls in coconut sugar/cinnamon mixture
- Flatten with a fork.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 F for 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool and enjoy!
When making sourdough bread you do not need to use sprouted flour. However, for these cookies (since they do not rise on the counter like bread) I would recommend mixing with sprouted flour for the most health benefits.