I made this for a friend who came to my house for lunch. After eating it, she declared that she could eat this soup every day for the rest of her life and never tire of it. This is a super easy soup and one you will love. The coconut gives it a rich taste and the sweet potatoes and vegetables will fill you up! Top with kefir cheese and kraut for probiotics, but wait till it’s warm and not hot to keep from killing the probiotics.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 cups chicken bone broth – or vegetable stock
- 1 small sweet potato – or yam diced
- ½ cup purple onion – diced
- 2 cloves fermented garlic – minced. You can use regular garlic too
- 1 medium carrot – sliced diagonally
- 1 small serrano chile – or other hot pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow squash – cubed
- 1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro – chopped
- 1 tablespoon Kefir Cheese
- 1 tablespoon zucchini sweet potato cultured vegetable – optional
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- In a medium pot, bring broth, potatoes, onion, garlic, carrot, chile, yellow squash, salt, and pepper to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Turn down heat to low and add the coconut milk. Cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and top with kefir cheese and veggies for probiotics, but wait till it’s warm and not hot, so you don’t kill the probiotics.