Kefir Dog Smoothie!
Warning: May result in a happy dog! This recipe is designed to be a full first meal for a 50-60 pound dog. You can cut it in half or fourths for smaller dogs or double it for larger. You can mix it into regular dog food or serve it alone to add sooo many nutrients into your pet's life! This smoothie contains probiotics, prebiotics, healing bone broth, anti-inflammatory turmeric, and soothing pumpkin which promotes healthy bowels in dogs.
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree - canned or homemade (100 calories)
- 1 1/2 cups bone broth - (52-100 calories)
- 1/4-1/2 cup Kefir - milk (25 calories for whole milk)
- 1/2 tablespoon Coconut Oil - (60 calories)
- 1 whole egg - (80 calories)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric - powdered
- 1/2 scoop Prebio Plus - optional
- extra kefir grains! - optional
- Place all your ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Adding this into your dog's life may cause loose bowels for a few days to a few weeks as it will clear out their bad bacteria. The pumpkin and turmeric will also cause their stools to turn orange, so don't panic! Your probiotic puppy will love this!