Kefir Coffee Ice Cream
I love coffee and so do your microbes. Researchers in Germany found that microbes love the microscopic fibers in coffee. As these microbes grow, they cover the intestinal walls and keep harmful pathogens from colonizing. They also lower the gut’s pH to an acidity that causes most germs to die. These soluble coffee fibers are food for bacteria and make the beneficial Bacteroides microbes experience up to 60% increase in growth. If you like coffee, you will love this kefir ice cream. Add a few chocolate shavings and you have a decadent treat that will feed your microbiome too!
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Add instant coffee, sugar, and half and half to a blender. Blend all ingredients until well combined.
- Add whipping cream, kefir cheese, and vanilla extract to blender. Blend for 20 seconds.
- Pour into ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- When ice cream is done, you can serve right away or firm up in the freezer for another hour if needed.
- Shave dark chocolate using a cheese grater and sprinkle on ice cream.