Kefir Christmas Cupcakes
I have made this recipe many times. I love that these cupcakes are made out of walnuts ground into flour.
Watch How to Make It
- 1¾ cups walnut meal – Walnuts that have been soaked, if possible. You can grind them into meal in a food processor, pulsing a few times till ground.
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 2 large Egg
- 1 cup Coconut Kefir Eggnog – or coconut milk (full fat)
- ½ cup Honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease, or place paper muffin cups in, a muffin tin.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl for one minute, then add coconut milk, honey, and vanilla. Whisk again.
- Stir in melted coconut oil and whisk again until all ingredients are completely blended.
- Stir liquid into dry ingredients and mix well. Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl so no pockets of dry ingredients remain. Batter will appear thinner than regular brownies.
- Scoop with ice cream scoop into muffin tin and fill cups ½ full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- When cool, top with Peppermint Kefir Frosting