Gingerbread Bars with Kefir Frosting
Molasses gives these bars their rich flavor. Molasses is a rich source of nutrients, and it contains a number of essential minerals, such as calcium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, copper, iron, phosphorous, chromium, cobalt, and sodium. Blackstrap molasses is the type of molasses I use since it has a low glycemic index. This means the glucose and carbohydrates are metabolized slowly, demanding less insulin production and stabilizing blood sugar.
Servings: 9 servings
Sprouted Gingerbread Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8×8″ baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil, coconut sugar, molasses, and vanilla.
- Add the egg and whisk until combined.
- Add baking soda, sprouted flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Spread dough evenly into the greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. (Do not overcook). Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Top with Kefir Frosting.
- Whisk softened cream cheese, kefir cheese, honey, and vanilla together.
- Once the bars are cool, you may spread your frosting on the top. Garnish with extra nutmeg. Cut into squares and serve.