Cultured Peach Pico Salsa
- ¼ teaspoon Cutting Edge Cultures – OR ¼ cup of kefir whey
- 2 medium tomatoes – chopped into fine pieces
- 1 medium cucumber – finely chopped into small pieces
- 1 medium peach – seeded and chopped into fine pieces
- ¼ cup red onion – chopped into fine pieces
- ¼ cup cilantro – finely chopped
- 1 whole serrano pepper – seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup lime – squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 clove garlic – finely chopped
- filtered or spring water with minerals
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- If using the starter culture, stir together the culture and water. Let the mixture sit while you prepare the ingredients—around 10 minutes. If using kefir whey, add it when the recipe calls for culture.
- Place the tomatoes, cucumber, peach, onion, cilantro, serrano pepper, lime juice, salt, and garlic in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the mixture to two one-quart jars or one half-gallon jar that can be securely sealed.
- Add the lime juice, Cutting Edge Culture or kefir whey, and cover with water, leaving an inch or two at the top.
- Seal the container and let it sit on your kitchen counter, out of direct sunlight, for 2 days.
- Check the vegetables every day to make sure they are fully submerged in the water. If they have risen above the water, simply push them down so they are fully covered by the water. If any white spots formed because the veggies rose above the water, do not worry. Remember, this isn’t harmful. Just scoop out the vegetables that have the white spots on them and push the rest back under the water.