Airlock Lid for Half Gallon Jars
$10.99 – $13.99
Free Shipping over $25!*
(Jar not included)
This airlock lid is a great way to culture your veggies. You don’t need airlocks to ferment – but it is my favorite way to ferment veggies because they taste better. There are two sizes to choose from depending on your style of jar. The 1/2 Gallon “Tall” Jar uses the 86mm lid. The 1/2 Gallon “Short” Jar uses the 110mm lid. This special airlock lid will convert your half-gallon jar into an airlock fermenter!
Fermenting with an airlocks helps with several things.
- Better tasting veggies.
- Less chance of the Kahm yeast that can develop and make your veggies taste bad.
- Release pressure/ gas naturally and allows veggies to ferment and stay crisper.
What you will receive with your order.
- One plastic BPA Free, airlock lid, specially fitted with a food-grade silicon grommet for your airlock.
- One solid plastic BPA Free, lid. When the fermenting on the counter is done, use this lid to store your veggies in the fridge.
You will also receive the following items:
- One laminated recipe card with a cultured veggie recipe to make 2 quarts of cultured veggies.
- Instructions on how to use your airlock lids.
Please note that this does not include a glass jar. You can purchase my Half Gallon Jar with Airlock from my store of you want both the jar and airlock lid as a set.