Cultured Cranberry Scones
- 2 cups Einkorn All-Purpose Flour – or sprouted flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, old-fashioned or quick-cooking
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar – or allulose for sugar free
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 8 tablespoons chilled butter – cut into pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup Kefir – or any yogurt
- 1 cup pecans – or walnuts
- 1 cup Whipped Cultured Topping
- sprinkles – optional
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium-size bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender, or two forks. until the flour looks crumbly.
- Add cranberries, nuts, and kefir to dry ingredients and mix just until moistened. The mixture will be very sticky.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead 4 to 5 times with floured hands.
- Pat out dough to ½-inch thick and cut into triangles or spoon into a greased scone pan. See note*
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they're just beginning to brown. A toothpick inserted into the center of one should come out clean, or perhaps with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Let cool on a wired rack before adding the whipped cultured cream topping. Add a few sprinkles for a festive touch.