Chocolate Kefir Zucchini Cake
This is one of the cakes I make a lot in the summer when there’s a lot of fresh zucchini available from my garden. Zucchini is also a wonderful source of potassium, a heart-friendly nutrient that helps moderate your blood pressure levels and counters the effects of too much sodium. In fact, a zucchini has more potassium than a banana. Zucchini is also rich in B-complex vitamins, folate, B6, B1, B2, B3, and with only 17 calories per 100 grams. It makes this cake moist and delicious and oh so good for you!
Servings: 10 servings
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Cream butter and oil together.
- Add next 6 ingredients to butter and oil.
- Combine dry ingredients together in separate bowl.
- Add one cup of dry ingredients at a time and mix till well combined about 2 minutes.
- Pour into 9X13 greased baking pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees. If you want to bake it in bundt pan increase baking time by 10 minutes.
Chocolate Kefir Topping
- Place 3 ounces of chocolate in double broiler pan and place on low heat and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat
- When chocolate is warm, but NOT hot (about 100 degrees or less), add ¼ cup of kefir and stir until well combined.
- Drizzle Chocolate Kefir Topping over the cake.