Blueberry Pecan Kefir Pancakes
Kefir cheese makes yummy, fluffy pancakes. Although heat kills the probiotics, I added a blueberry kefir compote topping to add the probiotics back in. Kefir helps pancakes and doughs to rise much like a sourdough starter, and also makes for a nutrient-dense food that will sustain you all morning long.
Servings: 6 pancakes
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- In a small bowl, beat eggs together with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients – oat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix together.
- Then add kefir cheese and mix together until well combined.
- Pour in the eggs and mix thoroughly. Batter will be thick.
- Set a skillet on medium-high heat. Melt 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil in the pan.
- When the skillet is hot, add 2 heaping tablespoons of the batter to the skillet for each pancake. Add a few pecans or blueberries on top of batter while the pancake cooks. (I like to add blueberries to one pancake and on the next pancake add pecans.)
- Cook for about 1 – 2 minutes per side.
- Repeat with coconut oil and extra batter.
- Top pancakes with blueberry kefir compote.
Blueberry Kefir Compote
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until well combined. You can make it chunky or smooth to your liking.
- Serve over kefir pancakes.