Berry Carrot Sprouted Cookie Bars
These Healthy Cookie Bars are chock-full of all kinds of good things. They are made with sprouted flour and six other healthy ingredients. I am always looking for things to pack in lunches and serve to people who come to my home. The spices and vegetables make for a really healthy cookie. You can also make them into cookie bars as well.
Servings: 16 Bars
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- ½ cup Erythritol Sweetener – or Monk Fruit
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons Cinnamon – ground
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ teaspoons Celtic Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons rum vanilla extract
- 1 egg – large
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup goji berries – or dried cranberries
- ½ cup organic chocolate chips
- ½ cup sliced almond
- ½ cup ground flax seeds –
- 2 cups Sprouted Spelt Flour
- ½ cup soaked rolled oats – * see note below
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the oil, Erythritol Sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, spices, salt, vanilla, and egg into a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the maple syrup.
- Stir in the carrots, goji berries, chips & nuts, flax seeds, and then the flour.
- Stir gently until combined.
- Add the soaked oatmeal, making sure that it is well distributed throughout the mixture.
- Grease a 13”x 9” baking pan.
- Spoon batter into pan and distribute evenly throughout the pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then slice into squares. Or use a biscuit cutter for round cookie bars.
You will need soaked oatmeal for this recipe. Soak ½ cup rolled oats in a ½ cup of water for a few hours or overnight. Then use all of this water and oats to add to the recipe.