Avocado Yogurt Chicken Salad
This chicken salad is one of my favorites lunches. The red grapes and walnuts are not only delicious but has huge benefits. Walnuts stimulate aiponectin. Adiponectin is a hormone secreted by fat (an adipokine) that plays a major role in insulin sensitivity and the ability to gain muscle and get lean. You want walnuts in your diet since they're a powerful food! Red onions feed your microbes and red grapes have polyphenols which are potent immunomodulators.which means they help to boost your immune system. Avocados are a good source of vitamins C, E, K, and B6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. They also provide lutein, beta carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids. If you haven't tried my L reuteri superfood yogurt then you're missing out. It's thicker than Greek Yogurt and the health benefits are incredible. Check out this article: L. Reuteri Superfood Yogurt I Love! Its a super fast easy and delicious lunch that helps the body in so many ways!!
- 2 large avocados
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts – shredded
- ½ cup Yogurt Plus – or L Reuteri Yogurt
- ¼ cup red onion – finely chopped
- ⅔ cup red grapes – chopped
- 3 tablespoons walnuts – chopped
- ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley – finely chopped
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pit. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, yogurt, onion, grapes, walnuts, mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Spoon chicken salad into each avocado half, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.