Toasted Sprouted Dipping Bread
I love to make this bread for bruschetta topped with cultured tomatoes, or for dipping hummus. Seeds are prebiotics so they feed the microbes in your gut and help them grow and multiply. Flax seeds are perhaps the most healthy seed out there. They're the richest plant-based source of the omega-3 fatty acid called alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). The reason ALA is important is because it can be transformed into DHA, which is a structural component of many parts of the body, including the brain and the male reproductive organs.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut several slices of the sprouted bread and place on a baking sheet.
- Combine together pumpkin, flax, and sesame seeds in a small bowl.
- Brush each slice of bread with olive oil.
- Sprinkle on the seeds and salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until bread is crusty and has brown edges.
- Top with Scary Delicious Seaweed Dip.