I love the flavors in this kombucha, but the turmeric is the real hero. Turmeric is a huge anti-inflammatory agent and omega-3 booster. In addition, they are studying its possible role as an aid for the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease. You can buy whole pieces of turmeric root in most grocery stores. Ask your grocery clerk – you've probably never noticed it.
Servings: 16 ounces
- 2 tablespoons carrot juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric Root – Grated or Juice
- 14 ounces Kombucha
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- You can either juice the turmeric root in a juicer or you can use a garlic press to “grate” some of it.
- Add all ingredients to a 16 ounce bottle that is safer for fermenting.
- Let sit 5-14 days. (If you’re using freshly pressed orange/carrot juice, the fermenting time will be shorter – closer to 5-7 days, depending on the warmth of your house.)
Remember: Always use bottles made for brewing. If you can find a carrot/orange juice blend, you can use 1/4 cup of this mixture.