I love the flavors in this kombucha, but the turmeric is the real hero. Turmeric is a huge anti-inflammatory agent and omega-3 booster. In addition, they are studying its possible role as an aid for prevention of Alzheimer’s disease. You can buy whole pieces of turmeric root in most grocery stores. Ask your grocery clerk – you’ve probably never noticed it.
Servings: 16 ounces
- 2 Tablespoons carrot juice
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon Turmeric Root – Grated or Juice
- 14 Ounces Kombucha
- You can either juice the turmeric root in a juicer or you can use a garlic press to “grate” some of it.
- Add all ingredients to a 16 oz fermenting safe bottle.
- Let sit 5-14 days. (If you’re using freshly pressed orange/carrot juice, the fermenting time will be shorter – closer to 5-7 days, depending on the warmth of your house.)
Remember: Always use bottles made for brewing. If you can find a carrot/orange juice blend, you can use 1/4 cup of this mixture.