Strawberry Kefir Parfait (How To Layer Kefir)
We use psyllium husk to thicken our kefir in this recipe. Soluble fibers like psyllium husk are prebiotics that facilitates the nourishment of beneficial bacteria in the lining of your gut. These beneficial bacteria help with proper digestion and absorption of food and play a role in improved immune function. You can change the fruit to blueberries or any other yummy fruit of your choosing. Feed your microbes with these special fibers that thicken your kefir.
- 1 cup Kefir
- ½ tablespoon psyllium husks
- ½ banana
- 1 dropper liquid stevia – or you can use honey to taste
- ½ cup strawberries
- ¼ cup granola – you can use your favorite brand or make your own
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Blend kefir, psyllium husk, stevia or sweetener, and banana in a blender.
- Let chill for 10-15 minutes in the fridge. It should be fairly thick like yogurt. .
- Layer the kefir, strawberries (or other berries), and granola in a glass or jar. You can eat right away or you can save for later. The granola slightly softens, but it still tastes great!