Sally Lunn Sourdough Rolls
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- In a small saucepan, warm the milk, water and butter over low heat until the milk is warm but not hot, about 80-90° degrees F.
- Add sourdough starter, egg,and honey to a bowl with a mixer. Beat until well combined and then add in the milk mixture, flour, and salt, alternating between them until it’s all incorporated. Beat for 6 minutes (preferably with a dough hook). Batter will be more like pancake batter and will not form into a ball.
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl and cover and let rise in a warm place until it doubles in size. This should take 6- 8 hours depending on temperature.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 pan.
- Remove the dough onto a floured board and flour your hands. Place dough on board and flatten into a rectangle the size of your pan. Using a dough scraper or knife, cut the dough into 12 pieces, then roll each piece into a ball and place in greased pan.
- Dampen a towel and place over rolls and let rise for 1 hour or until the dough is puffy but is not quite double in size. They will rise more in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. The rolls will be golden brown when done.