Lemon Ginger Kombucha
- 15 ounces Kombucha
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice – freshly squeezed
- 2 inch slice of ginger root
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon sugar – (if you want some fizz)
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Using a clean garlic press, squeeze the ginger root through the garlic press. You can also use a juicer to extract the juice. Fresh-squeezed ginger works much better than placing a piece of ginger root in the bottle to ferment with the kombucha.
- Place all ingredients in a thick glass bottle made for brewing, leaving a little headspace at the top of the bottle.
- Clamp the bottle closed and date the bottle so you’ll know how long it has fermented.
- Let the kombucha sit on your counter for anywhere from a few days to several weeks. It depends on how strong your kombucha is and how warm your house is. Check it every day by opening the bottle. When you find it bubbly it is ready.
- Once it’s bubbly and suits your taste, transfer to the refrigerator.