This is a great way to use your cream from raw milk. It has a great flavor and with the added honey it adds a prebiotic.
Watch How to Make It
- 4 cups cream
- ¼ cup kefir grains
- 2 tablespoons Honey
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Place cream and kefir grains in a quart jar with a lid.
- Let sit for 24 hours until thick and cultured.
- Place a strainer in a bowl and strain the kefir through the strainer. Stir the kefir grains with a spatula until the cream is removed from the grains and place the grains in fresh milk to re-culture.
- Place the kefir cream in a food processor and turn on for 3 to 5 minutes. The butter will start to separate into butter and buttermilk. When you notice that happening, stop the processor and check to see if you see the butter in clumps.
- Take the food processor bowl and pour the contents into a bowl with a strainer, using a spoon to press as much buttermilk out of the butter as possible.
- You could call your butter done at this point, but if you want it to last for more than a few days you need to wash the butter. Pour ice cold water over the butter and place back in the food processor and process for 10 more seconds.
- Remove the butter again and place in the strainer. Use a spoon or a spatula to squeeze out the last dregs of the buttermilk. A paper towel also works great to squeeze out extra liquid. What’s left is butter.
- Now mix in the honey with a spoon.
- Then form into three balls and add cloves and a carrot to make a snowman. Rosemary sprigs works great if you want some arms on your snowman.