Kefir Lemon Yule Log
I made this for a Christmas Cultured Class I did and boy was it a hit. This is high in protein and also in probiotics. This is a fancy way to serve kefir and impress your family and friends. It's great served with fresh fruit and hot tea for a festive treat.
Watch How to Make It
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 1 pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- ⅓ cup Kefir Cheese
- 6 Egg Whites
- 2 tablespoons Allulose – or 2 Tablespoons honey
- ½ cup Kefir Cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 lemon – juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon Allulose
- ½ cup pistachio nuts – chopped. (you can substitute whatever nuts/dried fruit you prefer)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cut a piece a parchment paper 15×11" and place on a cookie sheet.
- Combine egg yolks and salt and kefir cheese with a whisk. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with electric beater until very stiff.
- Fold in egg yolks into egg whites.
- Spread onto parchment paper that is on cookie sheet.
- Place in oven for 35 minutes. Let cool before assembly.
- Mix kefir cheese, cream cheese, lemon, and monk fruit in a food processor or mixer and blend until well combined.
- Spread on cooled dough. Sprinkle with nuts and cranberries. Roll up firmly.
- Place in plastic wrap and place in fridge until ready to serve.