Ginger Lemon Water Kefir
Ginger Lemon Water Kefir is light and refreshing and oh so good for you. Ginger and lemon have tons of health benefits that can't be beat! If you need a quick pick me up in the late afternoon than look no further that this drink. Make sure you use good bottles made for brewing.
Servings: 16 ounces
- 15 ounces Basic Water Kefir
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Inch slice of ginger
- Using a clean garlic press, squeeze the ginger root through the garlic press. You can also use a juicer to extract the juice. Fresh-squeezed ginger works much better than placing a piece of ginger root in the bottle to ferment with water kefir.
- Add your squeezed ginger root and lemon juice to your 16 bottle. (Make sure you use bottles such as Grolsch or Bormioli thick glass bottles. Bottles bought at craft stores can explode.)
- Add 15 ounces of Basic Water Kefir to the bottle leaving a small amount of room (about 1 inch) at the top. Seal your bottle.
- 2nd Ferment Water Kefir only needs to sit 1-3 days or until it becomes bubbly. Check it often by opening it to see if it is bubbly. (Warmer homes take less time)
- Once ready, you can drink or refrigerate for storing. (Drink within 1 week for optimal flavor and benefits.)
Make sure you use good bottles made for brewing.