You can use this “bug” as a starter culture to make fermented ginger soda. Ginger is powerful medicine. Check out this blog. Ginger Soda – Delicious Medicine for Your Body
Servings: 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups Water
- Grate your ginger.
- Cover with a cloth and a rubber band.
- Feedings: Feed once daily 2 tablespoons of Ginger and 2 tablespoons of sugar for 3-5 days. Once it’s bubbly it’s ready to use!
- When not in use: Store in the refrigerator with a tight fitting lid for up to 1 week. Must be fed at least once a week or fed and used.
- When ready to use again, feed and allow to ferment for at least 24 hours until the bubbles return.
- If you use your bug starter to make soda, add more water to your starter jar and feed it to get back to the 2 cups of water ratio.