Ginger Bug Soda
Ginger soda is a delicious, bubbly, healthy soda. You’ll need to make a ginger bug first, so head on over to this recipe. Ginger Bug Starter. Ginger is powerful medicine. Check out this blog. Ginger Soda – Delicious Medicine for Your Body
Servings: 4 cups
- ¼ cup Ginger Bug – Active and bubbly!
- ⅛ cup sugar – raw sugar or sucanat works great
- 3 – 4 cups Water
- Boil your 3 cups of water and stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Allow sugar water to cool.
- In a 32 ounce brew-safe bottle, add sugar water, ginger bug starter, and top off with extra water to leave 1 inch of headspace.
- Allow to ferment for 2-5 days until fizzy. (You may need to carefully burp if your house is warmer than 70.)
- Once ready, store in the refrigerator. Strain before drinking to remove ginger pieces.
Note: this will continue to be very fizzy, so be careful each time you open it! If you remove your ginger bug from the fridge to make this soda, feed it once and get it nice and bubbly before you use it. You want it to be active and bubbly!