Cultured Chickpea (Mock Tuna) Sandwich
This is an easy sandwich when you need something fast and filling. Tuna can be loaded with mercury and I love a good fish sandwich, but this tastes similar to tuna and I love it. It is loaded with prebiotic vegetables that feed your microbiome and give you lots of probiotics too. If you haven't whipped up my 20-second Kombucha Mayo then you need to give it a whirl. Store-bought mayos are some of the worst chemical-laden foods with unhealthy fats and you'd go a long way making your own healthy alternative. It only takes 20 seconds!!
- 1 can (14 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup 20-Second Kombucha Mayo
- ¼ cup celery – chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup red onion – chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Pickle Relish
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper – cracked
- 6 slices Sourdough bread
- ½ cup Deli sprouts
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- In a medium-size bowl, drain and rinse chickpeas. Roughly mash about ¾ of the chickpeas with the back of a fork or potato masher, until desired consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Toast your sourdough bread and then spread one side of bread with the mixture. Top with sprouts and add the top piece of bread. Eat immediately.