Cultured Broccoli Salad in a Jar
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- If using the starter culture, stir together the culture and water. Let the mixture sit while you prepare the ingredients—around 10 minutes. If using kefir whey, add it when the recipe calls for culture.
- Add the broccoli florets, carrots, red onion, raisins, grapes, lemon juice, and salt to a ½ gallon canning jar or vessel.
- Add the lemon juice, Cutting Edge Culture or kefir whey, and cover with water, leaving an inch or two at the top.
- Seal the container and let it sit on your kitchen counter out of direct sunlight, for 3 days, then place in the fridge.
- Check the vegetables every day to make sure they are fully submerged in the water. If they have risen above the water, simply push them down so they are fully covered by the water. If any white spots formed because the veggies rose above the water, do not worry. Remember, this isn’t harmful. Just scoop out the vegetables that have the white spots on them and push the rest back under the water.