Cultured Border Salsa
This yummy salsa is a snap to make. It’s super easy and it’s made in a blender. This is a great way to get people to eat cultured veggies. Everybody loves salsa, so just ferment it and they’ll never know they’re having billions of probiotics in every bite. Tomatoes are one of natures wonder foods and with added spices and probiotics it becomes a super food!
Servings: 1 quart
- 1/8 teaspoon Cutting Edge Cultures – or 2 Tbsp kefir whey
- 2 large tomatoes – coarsely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper – seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1/2 large vidalia onion – coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro – coarsely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne – to taste (only if you like it hot)
- 1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- Place all ingredients in blender, and blend until smooth.
- Place in glass jar and seal.
- Sit on counter for 2 days to ferment and then transfer to refrigerator.
- Will last at least 6 months in refrigerator.
Storage note: This can be kept in a covered airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to nine months.