Cultured Border Salsa
This yummy salsa is a snap to make. It's super easy and it's made in a blender. This is a great way to get people to eat cultured veggies. Everybody loves salsa, so just ferment it and they'll never know they're consuming billions of probiotics in every bite. Tomatoes are one of nature's wonder foods. And with added spices and probiotics, it becomes a superfood!
Servings: 1 quart
- ⅛ teaspoon Cutting Edge Cultures – or 2 tablespoons kefir whey
- 2 large tomatoes – coarsely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper – seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- ½ large vidalia onion – coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup cilantro – coarsely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne – to taste (only if you like it hot)
- 1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Place all ingredients in blender, and blend until smooth.
- Place in glass jar and seal.
- Sit on counter for 2 days to ferment and then transfer to refrigerator.
- Will last at least 6 months in refrigerator.
Storage note: This can be kept in a covered airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to nine months.