Creamy Kefir Broccoli
This is a creamy mashed broccoli that my family loves as much as mashed potatoes. Super easy to make and a great way to get your family to have their greens. Eating broccoli may enhance your body’s ability to detoxify after exposure to food – and air-borne carcinogens and oxidants, thanks to the phytochemical sulforaphane. A study conducted on a group of 10 smokers and 10 nonsmokers ingesting broccoli indicated the importance of consuming cruciferous vegetables to protect cells against DNA damage.
Watch How to Make It
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Cut up the potato into very small chunks. Make sure the broccoli is in small pieces too.
- Place broccoli and potato into steamer rack and steam over medium heat until the broccoli is very tender, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer the broccoli, potato, and parmesan (saving 1 tablespoon parmesan for garnish) to the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until the broccoli is pureed and almost smooth in texture.
- Add the kefir cheese to food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add some leftover water that has cooled from the streamed broccoli if it's too thick.
- Season the puree to taste with salt and pepper, and garnish with pink peppercorns and extra cheese.