Fizzy Blender “Juiced” Apple Kombucha
Fresh juices make the fizziest kombucha! If you don’t have a juicer this is an easy way to make fresh juice for your kombucha.
Servings: 64 ounces
- 4 16-ounce bottle – * see note below
Fresh Apple Juice
- 4-5 whole apple
- 1/4 cup Water
- 56 ounces Kombucha
- 8 ounces apple juice – Fresh
Fresh Apple Juice
- Core apples and cut into slices. Place apple slices in blender.
- Add water and blend on high until apples are liquified.
- Place a coffee filter in a strainer and place strainer in a bowl to catch the juices. This only takes about 5 minutes.
- Pour the apple juice into the strainer and let strain until all the juice runs through the strainer. You can use the leftover apple bits to make apple butter and it also works great in muffins or scones as a substitute for oil.
- Remove the juice to use in the kombucha.
- Place 14 ounces of kombucha in each of your thick glass bottles.
- Place 2 ounces of freshly squeezed apple juice in each bottle.
- Seal the bottles and let these ferment for a day or two, or more if not done. Check them often and release the pressure. When they are bubbly they are done. The fermentation time will depend on how sweet your kombucha was to start with and the temperature in your house.
- Place in the refrigerator when done fermenting.
Make sure to use bottles that are for brewing. If you are using glass bottles, you must beware because there may be flaws in the glass or the yeast might just go crazy and blow up your glass bottle! You can use old GT Synergy Kombucha bottles, but my favorite are the clamp down bottles by Grolsch. You can also find bottles at home brew stores. The clamp down lids are safer and are thick glass appropriate for brewing.