I have served this dish to company many many times with rave reviews. It’s full of flavor and is especially good in the summer time with fresh zucchini and basil.
- 1 pound zucchini – small, grated
- ¼ cup onions – grated
- 1 tablespoon basil – fresh, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest – chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic – chopped
- 1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper – freshly ground
- ½ cup Sprouted Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large Egg – beaten
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- 1 log goat cheese – very thinly sliced, 5-ounce
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese – grated
- Preheat the oven to 200° F.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, onions, basil, zest, garlic, salt, and pepper. In a small bowl.
- Combine the flour and baking powder.
- Add the eggs and flour mixture to the vegetables and stir just until combined.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. When hot, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the batter by tablespoons into the skillet (making sure to spoon both batter and vegetables), leaving 1-inch between the cakes. Immediately drop a round of cheese into the center of each pancake.
- Top with another tablespoon of batter to enclose the cheese.
- Cook until golden brown on the bottom side, about 1½ minutes.
- Flip with a spatula and cook on the 2nd side until golden brown, about 1 minute. Remove from the pan and place on a baking sheet.
- Keep warm in the oven while preparing the remaining pancakes.
- Arrange the pancakes on a platter, drizzle with the marinara sauce, and serve immediately.