Strawberry Gingerade Coconut Kefir
This drink is so delicious you’ll want to drink it every day. It is fizzy and bubbly and full of flavor. This is a great way to get probiotics into your kids and into you too. The strawberries add extra vitamin C so it's a great pickup when you're feeling low!
Servings: 1 quart
- 1 quart coconut water – You can find coconut water in the Asian section of your grocery store or health food store.
- 1 package Kefir Starter Package – Or ½ cup Kefir Whey. Or water kefir grains
- 1 tablespoon ginger – fresh, grated
- 4-5 whole strawberries
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Add four cups of coconut water to a quart jar.
- Add package of Kefir starter (or whey) and stir to dissolve thoroughly.
- You can also use ½ cup of kefir whey, but you will have to use a new ½ cup of kefir whey each time to make this. With the culture packages you can use the first batch 13 to 30 times to make new batches or until it quits culturing.
- Add 1 tablespoon of fresh grated ginger
- Pour into a closeable vessel such as a bottle with a clamp down lid. It will now take 4-5 days for the kefir to culture at room temperature. The coconut water will become cloudy as the culture grows and it will become “fizzy” and lose its sweetness and become tart.
- When the coconut kefir is complete, add 4 or 5 frozen strawberries to about 8 ounces of the coconut kefir and whirl in a blender.
- Then sit down and enjoy this delicious probiotic drink. Or refrigerate for later.
If you used the Kefir culture packages, save ½ cup from each batch to inoculate the next quart of coconut water. It will culture faster each time. Many times it will only take a day to culture. You can do this up to 20 times on each package or until it stops culturing. Mine can go up to 20 or 30 times. If you use ½ cup of kefir whey, you will start over each time with your kefir whey in new coconut juice.