Sprouted Cheesy Crackers
These crackers are surprisingly fast and easy to make! I suggest making a double batch as they will be gobbled up quickly! Cheesy and soft, they might just become your favorite cracker. Sprouting grains increases many of the grains' key nutrients, including B vitamins, vitamin C, folate, fiber, and essential amino acids, such as lysine, often lacking in grains. Sprouted grains may also be less allergenic to those with grain protein sensitivities.
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese – shredded
- 4 tablespoons Butter – cold
- ½ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Sprouted Spelt Flour
- 2-3 tablespoons Water – cold
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Cut your butter into small chunks.
- Using a food processor, combine cheese, butter, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Add your flour and pulse until the mixture looks crumbly.
- Slowly add in 2 tablespoons of cold water and pulse until the mixture resembles dough (this can take a minute or two). Add in extra cold water if the dough looks too dry.
- Dived the dough in half, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out your dough and cut into your desired cracker shape. (You can use a knife or a small cookie cutter.)
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes until they are just lightly golden brown.