Sourdough Chocolate Graham Crackers
This recipe uses extra sourdough starter that often gets discarded when feeding sourdough starter. This is a wonderful recipe to make yummy chocolate graham crackers to have for a snack or try our Grasshopper Pie recipe with a chocolate graham cracker crust.
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Using a stand mixer, cream together the butter with the sugar and honey until light and fluffy (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add the baking soda, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the sourdough starter and flours, and mix until it just starts to come together. Do not over mix.
- Divide the dough in half, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour (or preferably overnight).
- Once chilled, preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out the dough on a sheet of parchment paper to about ⅛ inch thick.
- Cut into 2½" squares and dock as desired with a fork.
- Place the crackers on a parchment (or Silpat) lined baking sheet and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Then bake for 15-20 minutes until crisp.
- Allow to cool completely before transferring.