Root Beer Extract
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Place raisins into a bowl. Pour ¾ cup boiling water over raisins and Set aside. (You are allowing them to steep while you make the rest of the extract.)
- Place half-gallon of water into pot over medium heat.
- Place the sassafras root bark into tea bags or closely woven cheesecloth and tie with cooking string. Add it to the half-gallon of water. You can add it loosely into the pot but then you have to strain it several times through a fine mesh strainer.
- As the water heats, stir in the sugar slowly. Don’t dump it all at once.
- Simmer uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and remove sassafras.
- Strain the raisin water into the brew pot.
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- When it is cooled you can use your extract, storing extra in the fridge to use again. Try to use within 2 months.