This is a wonderful drink that is loaded with B vitamins. Our bodies need a large amount of B vitamins to keep our adrenals running strong. Getting them from food is one of the best ways to get them, however you need good gut bacteria to absorb them. This drink can provide you will both good bacteria and B vitamins. This drink can also be gluten free made with quinoa instead of wheat berries.
Servings: 8 Servings
- 2 cups Wheat Berries – or you can substitute quinoa for the wheat berries
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Add the berries into a 1/2 Gallon Jar.
- Cover with 4-6 cups of cool (60-70°) water.
- Soak for 8 – 12 hours. (less time if your home is above 75° degrees)
- Pour the wheat berries into a colander, draining off the old water and rinsing the wheat berries. Place the berries back in the jar and cover the jar with a breathable cloth or paper towel and secure it with a rubber band.
- Set your jar in a low-light location.
- Strain the rejuvelac off of the wheat berries and store in covered glass container in the refrigerator. It will keep for at least a week, just make sure it still smells and tastes fresh.
- You can add a piece of ginger, cinnamon, a squeeze of lemon, orange, or your favorite fruit before drinking, or you can drink it plain.
You can reuse the wheat berries to make a second batch. It will only take a day to ferment and make more.