- 2 cups Wheat Berries – or you can substitute quinoa for the wheat berries
- Water spring or filtered with minerals
Every ingredient with a link was selected by me to make it easier for you. I may receive a small affiliate commission if you buy something through my links. Thank you! ❤️
- Add the berries into a 1/2 Gallon Jar.
- Cover with 4-6 cups of cool (60-70°) water.
- Soak for 8 – 12 hours. (less time if your home is above 75° degrees)
- Pour the wheat berries into a colander, draining off the old water and rinsing the wheat berries. Place the berries back in the jar and cover the jar with a breathable cloth or paper towel and secure it with a rubber band.
- Set your jar in a low-light location.
- Strain the rejuvelac off of the wheat berries and store in covered glass container in the refrigerator. It will keep for at least a week, just make sure it still smells and tastes fresh.
- You can add a piece of ginger, cinnamon, a squeeze of lemon, orange, or your favorite fruit before drinking, or you can drink it plain.